The Origins of the
Dijkgraaf Family trees
This map made by
and is based on 1993 telephone subscribers data.
Also see Clickable map of the Netherlands
You would expect the name Dijkgraaf to occur in the regions where there is a need for the occupation of dijkgraaf (see the Meaning of
) and that is also how it turned out to be (see map left), except one which appears to have originated outside of the Netherlands (
So far we know off five different Dijkgraaf family trees, plus we have a file of ones we haven't matched up to a tree yet (
) Unlinked Dijkgraaf Genealogy. They are as follows;
Place the cursor over the map to see the names of municipalities (not all done yet)
Zuid Holland Dijkgraaf Genealogy
1) This family has it origins around the Rotterdam region, including the districts of Voorne (Brielle), Putten (Spijkenisse) & Hoekse Waard in the province of South Holland
Delft Dijkgraaf Genealogy
2) Also originating from South holland but a bit further north is the Dijkgraaf family that comes from the area around Delft.
Gelderland Dijkgraaf Genealogy
3) This family tree originated around the district of De Veluwe in the Gelderland province.
Zeeland Dijkgraaf Genealogy
4) This Dijkgraaf family tree originates in Zierikzee in the province of Zeeland.
Unlinked Dijkgraaf Genealogy
5) There are also people that have not been able to attach to one of the family trees above. These are included in this database. In here there are two family trees of the families of "van den(r) Dijkgraaf(f)".
Suriname Dijkgraaf Genealogy
6) This Dijkgraaf family tree comes originates in Barbedos and Suriname.